Over the years, Spice Route and Fairview have undoubtedly become synonymous as one of the must-see destinations in the Cape Winelands. Each individual venue offers an array of activities – from finely crafted wine and cheese at Fairview to a curated collection of culinary experiences, retail spaces and talented artisans at the Spice Route Destination.
A new addition to the destination comes from the folk at Hero Adventure Trails, with the announcement of their next adventure park at this iconic venue. Hero Adventure Trails have become known for creating some of the best adventure trails in South Africa, specially catered for mountain bikers, trail runners, hikers and those looking for a great day out in nature.
For the last year, the Hero Adventure Team have been hard at work developing and molding a variety of trails at this beautiful venue based on the vineyard-laced slopes of Paarl mountain. Working closely with the team from both Spice Route Destination and Fairview, the goal is to include a number of unique features and activities for people from all walks of life.
On the 2nd December 2017, we launched phase 1 of a 3-phase development. From the 2nd December 2017, visitors were be able to do the following:
- 5km Yellow Trail: A fun, flattish trail around Spice Route for newbies and kiddies. No technical sections – just some great views.
- 5km Pink Trail: Ideal for trail runners and newbie mountain bikers, this trail includes a couple of flow trails with berms, Jeep track, single track and some great forest sections.
- 10km Green Trail: A true family trail that combines a bit of everything including single track, Jeep track, vineyards and flow trails. Ideal for mountain bikers, runners, and walkers
- 20km Blue Trail: An intermediate trail that includes great features and varied terrain. A true showcase of the Spice Route Destination and Fairview.
- 40 km Red Trail: the premier offering (for Phase 1) in the trail stable! This route will give you a great workout while traversing through this amazing area.
The opening of the Hero Adventure Trail Park at Spice Route Destination is about a lot more than just the trails. We look forward to providing family and friends with a day getaway that offers a little bit of everything – from flavourful food and drink, to plenty of activities to keep everyone busy.
Over the next two years, the vision is to create a larger trail network, including tours and an array of other exciting, customer-orientated services. We look forward to inviting one and all to Hero at Spice Route Destination soon!